Wednesday, September 16, 2015

An informal trip to my future sasural... :)

We started our journey on Friday, as planned, but not as early as expected. Maa was busy preparing chappan bhog for the way. The road journey got way more exciting and fun coz of Nirav, my fiancé, who was our jester; we laughed all through the way. Reached Nagpur in the evening, dead tired, though only my brother drove all through the way!
 

Papa (sasur ji), who had booked 3 rooms for us in his company’s guest house, welcomed us with a warm smile and shine in his eyes. It’s always refreshing to see him. We were shown to our rooms and after resting for a bit, we 4 got all dressed up and went to my sasural for the first time. Chalo bhai pohonch gaye. Had simple dinner, we needed that, and bid our bye byes for the day… J
Next day, early in the morning, Nirav called and asked me to get ready. I did. He took me to a Gurudwara, where he used to go when low; then started my Nagpur darshan. On the way back, we got samosa, aloo bonda and jalebi for breakfast. Ah the scrumptious food.  Around 11ish, Nirav, my brother and I went to pick up my sister in law, who was our surprise to the family. Mumma (sasu maa) was shocked, then surprised then overwhelmed after seeing her daughter. It was a beautiful sight. We all had tears in our eyes.

Afternoon onwards started the shopping torture. Poor me. Tried n number of dresses for the reception party but couldn’t finalize one. Same was with Nirav. We really liked this one sherwani, in which he looked super hot, but was crazy expensive, so we didn’t buy it. Yes, budget does matter. The last shop we visited had some great stuff, but we were shit tired and had no energy left for any more trials.
Sunday morning, we marinated mushroom, paneer and chicken for the barbecue that was planned in the evening. Around afternoon, we again went to the last shop of Saturdays, and tried the stuff we had shortlisted. Nirav went first, and within 45 mins we got a three piece tux and the wedding sherwani for him. I must admit, he did look handsome in both of them. The attitude, with which he carried it, was definitely praiseworthy.

Ashwin, my brother, was the head chef for the night. He prepared the barbecue stand, lit the coal, and did pretty much everything. Their neighbor also helped. The food did take some time to be served, but once ready, everyone hogged like crazy and the first lot got over within a minute.

Our last day, Monday, we four youngsters went for lunch at Moksh looking for Hookah. It wasn’t available, but looking at the ambiance of the place we couldn’t leave. It was beautiful. Like a li’le version of Italy. While coming back home, we stopped at a bakery, where we got the most delicious rainbow cake everrrrr.

Everything about the trip was what I had always hoped for. There was road trip, fun, adventure, family time, food, surprise, games, bike ride (2 pair siblings on 2 bikes for breakfast), shopping, eating out, late night talks, and lots of laughter… Except their neighbor's daughter, who was super annoying, irritating and hyper as fuck! She spoiled two of my new (wore for the first time new) dresses with a ball pen, grrrrr… Bad and irresponsible parenting…

All well that ends well. I’m very happy that am getting such a wonderful family, who loves me so much. I don’t think I’d be crying much in my vidai… :D

No comments: